Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2013

The thing with examnesia

 I wish I could be 5 again. My biggest problems being the time I have to go to bed and how to count to 100. If I was 5 I would see the world as a playground. And I'd be shure that by the time I was seventeen I'd be all grown up and mature and cool and perfect. Also I'd be pretty, good at school and have a wonderful boyfriend (okay, that part's actually true).
 But I can't be my five-year-old self again. I'm seventeen. Maybe grown up, not mature and far from perfect. But I'm mostly happy. Until it comes to exams. I consider myself a great person. Really, I am quite confident and thankful for the great life I have. And I even consider myself quite intelligent. But then again, there are exams. My hands start to shake like crazy, my thoughts spin similar to a tornado and my legs feel like they're made of chewing gum. I feel like I can think of kinda anything I have ever learned. But nor of the answers for the questions the exam askes. I need to be put in a category, how good or bad a person I am seems to be equivalent to what grade I get. And I totally can't live with that! Why can't I just be seen as the person I am? Why can't my teachers take what I give them in class for the best they get? I even started doing homework in order to be better prepared. Didn't work. And why on earth can't it be enough for me to be a good driver in order to get my driver's license? I study hard, get all the answers right. Until I sit in the room with 15 others and fell like there's no air. So what is it? What is it that makes my brain blend every time I truly need it? I don't know. What I know is that when it comes to examnesia I'm probably the best example.

Kisses V

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen