Samstag, 18. Mai 2013

We Love... The Great Gatsby

 I am stunned! After reading "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald (even the english edition!) I had to see the movie yesterday. I was stunned! Carey Mulligan's dresses, Leonardo DiCaprio's charmingness, the awesome partys, the language...everything was absolutely perfect. I would even dare to claim the movie's better than the book. Maybe better's the wrong word. It just...brings everything to life so perfectly. Greater as you would dare to imagine it. 

 A friend of mine probably got it right by saying "It's more of a fairytale than a story!". Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much: I adore fairytales! Especially when they come to life in such adorable pictures with the great dresses,jewellery and...everything!

 Another great thing was the music. Throughout the whole movie there was no song I didn't enjoy. Every song goes right through me. My faves are Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful", "Love Is Blindness" by Jack Black and "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody" by Fergie, Q-Tip and GoonRock. The dancing was excessive and fantastic, for me especially 'cause I used to dance LindyHop and Boogy Woogie, which are styles from the 20s.  

I don't fancy Leonardo as a person - but I love him as an actor. And in this sweater.

Here you can check out the whole playlist:


Jay-Z: "100$ Bill"
Beyoncé and André 3000: Back to Black" (Amy Winehouse cover)
will.i.am: "Bang Bang"
Fergie, Q-Tip and GoonRock: "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)"
Lana Del Rey: "Young and Beautiful"
Bryan Ferry and the Bryan Ferry Orchestra: "Love Is the Drug"
Florence and the Machine: "Over the Love"
Coco O of Quadron: "Where The Wind Blows"
Emeli Sandé and the Bryan Ferry Orchestra: "Crazy in Love" (Beyoncé cover)
The xx: "Together"
Gotye: "Hearts a Mess"
Jack White: "Love Is Blindness" (U2 cover)
Nero: "Into the Past"
Sia: "Kill and Run"

Let me know your thoughts on my new favourite movie.

Sunny-weekend-kisses V


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen